We are inspired by nature, children and their imaginations. We believe that happy children are receptive learners who learn through play, curiosity and quality interactions with peers and staff. We offer an enabling, nurturing and stimulating environment supported by a dedicated and experienced team. Our ethos is a child centred approach which offers a wide range of experiences through awe, wonder and fun.
We believe that the aim of Nursery Education is to encourage children to develop into motivated learners and thinkers.
The staff at The Granary Nursery School aim to provide a high standard of nursery education, giving all children access to a wide and varied curriculum.
Our knowledge and experience lead us to provide a curriculum based on 4 main principles:
1. That children are individuals. Each child is unique, with different aptitudes and interests and will bring to Nursery a variety of experiences and understanding, upon which the practitioners must build.
2. That a balance must be maintained between child directed activities and adult led activities: children need to be interested and motivated to learn effectively and adults must be skilled in directing their learning.
3. That all adult led activities are planned with specific objectives in mind – we are therefore clear about the learning intention/s.
4. That the learning environment must be safe, warm, caring and friendly; politeness and thought for others are to be encouraged and we are mindful of the Prevent Duty and that British Values are embedded in our day to day practice.
5. That we manage effective communicating and that positive peer to peer relationships are reinforced between children and adults within the setting.